VINYASA KRAMA YOGA, sequences and subroutines.

This is an ongoing project, my plan being to constantly update the videos presented here with newer, more accurate and hopefully more accomplished presentations of the Sequences and subroutines in Srivatsa Ramaswami's book, as well as adding notes to the individual postures and sequences.

NOTE

This blog has only just gone LIVE and may be suffering teething problems as I attempt to upload the 120 odd videos of sequences and subroutines over the next couple of weeks. Please let me know if you notice any videos that have been attached to the wrong post or anything else that is clearly unintended.
Most of the videos posted right now are early attempts at the sequences and subroutines and wont correspond exactly to the instructions in Ramaswami's book. I'll try to point those cases out in the post and eventually get around to re-filming the clips.


Monday 24 January 2011

Meditative sequence Poster and practice sheets





5 comments:

k said...

Dear Grimmly, your site is simple awesome, I'm just starting to dive into it!

Could you please tell me, where to practice the other sides of eka pada ustrasana, eka pada kapotasana, you just show one side on p2. Maybe I missed some basic terminology regarding the practice sheets?! Thank you!

Grimmly said...

Apologies K I should have repeated those first five pictures of page 2 on both side. I need to redo this one altogether, it's called the camel walk in Ramaswami's book, p182-183 You start in vajrasana ( first picture of page 2) progress through to eka pada kapotasana (5th picture) then return back through the sequence to vajrasana then repeat on the other side.

Sorry for the confusion.

Grimmly said...

K. have a look at the video 105 under the Meditative sequence on the left hand side. Skip through to 1.17 I could only just about do that pose then and it's really clumsy but it gives a bit of an idea. I only do one side in the video and the posters came from screenshots which is why there's only one side shown. Should have written repeat both sides.

You've reminded me that I need to come back to this and review the whole site.

k said...

Thank you, I'm going to buy Ramaswami's book next weekend in order to get the whole picture. Nevertheless your work here (and also your main blog) is simple essential for a lot of us!

Actually I was thinking of downloading your practice sheets, cutting into pieces and printing them out as a PDF per sequence to get one picture per page. That would allow to upload to iBooks and check each asana and their order with just a simple swipe on the phone. Question is how that could work on a 3", but on iPad it definitely would be a killer.

Grimmly said...

This site probably only really makes sense with the book. it's more of an attempt to help one visualise the subroutines and sequences especially for someone coming from Ashtanga as i did where we have all that done for us. If you's like to send me your email address I can send you all the sheets in pdf form ( I already have them like that as a couple of friends made me up a set of cards and laminated posters). my email address is grimmly2007 and that's at google dot com

Post a Comment